OUR DOCTRINE STATEMENT
- We believe in the Sovereignty of God.
- Job 42:2, Psalm 103:19, Proverbs 16:33 and 19:21, Romans 9:15-23
- We believe we were created to worship God.
- Psalm 66:4-6, Matthew 4:10, John 4:23-24, Hebrews 13:15, 1 Peter 2:9, Revelation 14:7
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit who has all power, wisdom, and goodness, and who created all things.
- Genesis 1 and 2, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30, Ephesians 4:4-6
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of God the Father, and His return in power and glory.
- Matthew 1:23, John 1:1-4, 1:29, Acts 1:9-11, Acts 2:22-24, Romans 8:34, 1 Corinthians 15:3-5, Hebrews 1:1-4
- We believe salvation is only accomplished by faith in the sinless life, substitutionary atoning death, and literal physical resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Matthew 7:13-14, John 14:6, Acts 4:12, 1 Peter 2:21-24
- Christ’s death, shed blood and resurrection are the only acceptable, perfect and complete offerings for the forgiveness of sins.
- Romans 6:10, Hebrews 9:25-28 and 10:8-14, 1 Peter 3:18, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 9:11-14
- We believe true Christians, born again of God’s Spirit, will be kept by God throughout their life, as evidenced by personal transformation that includes an ever-growing love of God the Father through God the Son by God the Spirit.
- John 3:16, John 6:37-40, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Ephesians 2:1-5, Titus 3:5, 1 Peter 1:3, 1 John 5:1-4, 18
- We believe in the present ministry, equipping, and manifestations of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life.
- John 3:5-8, Acts 1:8 and 4:31, Romans 8:9-10,1 Corinthians 2:14-16, Galatians 5:16-25, Ephesians 6:12
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the saved unto the resurrection of life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- 1 Corinthians 15:51-57, Revelation 20:11-15
- We believe in the inerrancy of the Holy Scriptures as handed down by the Apostles and the Prophets.
- 1 Thessalonians 2:13, 2 Timothy 3:15-17
- We believe Adam and Eve sinned against God and everyone since is a sinner by nature.
- Romans 5:12-14, 1 Corinthians 15:21-22
- We believe the gospel should be passionately and urgently proclaimed to all people so that all who believe may be saved through the preaching of God’s Word by the power of God’s Spirit.
- Matthew 28:18-20, Romans 10:14-15
- We believe that, “’You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.”
- Matthew 22:36-40
- We are justified, not by good works, but by faith alone in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Romans 3:19-31, Galatians 2:16, 2:21, Ephesians 2:8-9
- Following justification, we are sanctified by the Word and the Spirit over the course of our lifetime as we strive to become more Christ like
- 1 Thesalonians 4:1-8, 2 Thesalonians 2:13-14, Romans 6:22, 1 Thesalonians 5:23
- The church of Christ is a congregation of faithful Christians in which the gospel is preached and the sacraments are administered according to Christ’s teachings.
- Ephesians 1:22-23, 1 Corinthians 12:12, 24-27, Ephesians 4:11-16
- Christ ordained two sacraments in the Gospels, baptism and the Lord’s Supper:
- Baptism is a sign of Christian profession, regeneration and new birth.
- Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38-42, Romans 6:3-5
- The sacrament of the Lord’s Supper is a sign of Christian love and a memorial of Christ’s death.
- Matthew 26:26-29, Luke 22:14-20, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism.
- Matthew 9:35-38, and Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, Romans 10:9-15, Galatians 6:9-10, 1 Peter 3:14-17
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end, and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen.
- Psalm 139:13-16, Isaiah 49:1, Jeremiah 1:5, Luke 1:44
- We believe God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person. We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18, 7:2-5,7 Heb 13:4.) We believe God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography and attempting to change one’s biological sex or otherwise acting upon any disagreement with one’s biological sex) is sinful and offensive to God.
- (Matthew 15:18- 20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Romans 1:22-32)*
ACSI (American Christian Schools International)*
Alliance Defending Freedom
We wholly agree with the Apostles’ and Nicene Creeds.
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
And in Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried,
the third day he rose from the dead,
he ascended into heaven,
and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty,
from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
We believe in one God,
the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
of one Being with the Father,
through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary
and became truly human.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried.
On the third day he rose again
in accordance with the Scriptures,
he ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son
is worshiped and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church.
We acknowledge one baptism
for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come. Amen.
LIBERTY CHURCH MACON
6511 Houston Road
Macon, GA 31216
P: (478) 788-5343
Contemporary Worship Service – 8:45 am
Sunday School – 10:00 am
Traditional Worship Service – 11:00 am
Youth CREW – 5:00 pm
Men’s Bible Study – 6:00 am
Women’s Bible Study – 10:00 am
Wednesday Night Supper – 5:45 pm
Bible Study – 6:30 pm
Choir Practice – 7:15 pm