CHRISTIAN EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
Liberty Church has many different ongoing programs and activities, including Bible Studies, Sunday School, Youth and Children’s ministries, Adult and Senior ministries, Sports and Recreation programs (including Upward Sports programs). We invite you to become a part of these ministries!
Liberty Women – Liberty Women meet the 2nd Tuesday of each month and seek to improve the lives of women, children and youth through supporting and participating in a wide-range of ministries.
Liberty Men – Liberty Men meet quarterly for dinner and a program to help men grow in their relationship with Christ.
Men’s Bible Study – Each Tuesday morning at 6am (yep A.M.!) Men gather for a time of prayer and encouraging study of God’s Word. Sometimes we incorporate Jewish and Gentile cultural norms and settings as we study. Other times we’re learning how to apply the scriptures for today’s living. Either way, we’re pumping spiritual iron!
C.R.E.W. – Christians. Ready. Equipped. Willing
Our Mission – To provide a Christ-Centered Youth Ministry so young people can:
- Know Christ
- Grow in Christ
- Become like Christ
- Go and serve in Christ’s Love
Children (K4 – 5th grade)
Kids Can Do Club – Children meet weekly on Wednesday evenings from 5:30 – 7:15 p.m. and are taught to follow Christ by digging into God’s Word, by memorizing Scripture, and by applying God’s truth to their lives.
- 5:30 p.m. Snack Supper
- 6:00 p.m. Choir
- 6:30 – 7:15 pm Bible study, crafts, and games
Vacation Bible School 2023
VBS is a ministry outreach to educate and share the love of Christ with children in the community. Click https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipObNM-89XDgYLaUl9V_IGI5IhDlnIhwzCdgyRzA to view and download pictures from “Surfin’ Through the Scriptures VBS 2023”.
The Chancel Choir under the direction of Cristian Buzas is open to all who desire to worship God through song. We rehearse on Wednesday evenings from 7:15 to 8:30 in the Choir Room. You do not have to be a fluent music reader, just bring the song that is in your heart!
Women’s Bible Study Meets on at 10:00 on Wednesday mornings in the Vinson Building to explore and study the word of God.
Wednesday Evening Bible Study Meets at 6:30 p.m. preceded by a delicious home cooked meal at 5:45 p.m.
Men’s Bible Study Meets at 6:00 Tuesday mornings
Sunday School and Small Groups
Children’s Church and Sunday School: K4 – 5th grade students
- 8:45 a.m. Children’s Church
- 10:00 a.m. Sunday School
- 11:00 a.m. Children’s Church
Youth: 6th – 12th grade
- Time: 10:00 a.m.
- Location – Youth Room
- Curriculum – Study the word of God and how it pertains to preteens and teenagers
The Julian Tucker Class
An adult class comprised of members who are single as well as couples, ranging in age from 60+. (Named in honor of Pastor Julian L. Tucker, who started the class during his first appointment to Liberty in 1986)
- Time: 10:00 a.m.
- Location: Chapel
- Curriculum: Our course materials are from David C. Cook’s Bible in Life series, with lessons organized to touch on all aspects of Scripture considered basic for understanding the Bible’s total message. Lessons are arranged by subject quarterly, with studies in the Old and New Testaments.
Lucy Young Class
An older adult class for males and females (Named for the Grandmother of a member who died in 1979)
- Leader: Vivian Skipper
- Time: 9:45 a.m.
- Location: Meet in the classroom on the south side at the end of the hall (beyond the Parlor) in the Sunday School building
- Curriculum – We study John Wesley based literature
Pairs & Spares
A class for Single adults of all ages, due to divorce, death or choice, along with married couples. (Founded around 1973 by Jack Kerstetter)
- Leader: Class members serve as teachers; Contact Janice Simpson Puckett (478-972-5812) for questions.
- Time: 9:45 a.m.
- Location: Pairs & Spares Classroom at the end of the main hall
- Curriculum: The lessons range from studies, such as Max Lucado’s video studies to a study of the parables, to topics such as what does the Bible say about orphaned children or we may choose a certain book in the Bible that we want to know more about. Our lessons are informal and discussion is encouraged.
Adults of all ages are welcome (Started by Mrs. Rosa
Fulwood as a college class)
- Leader: Steve Cheek
- Time : 10:00 a.m.
- Location: The Vinson Building
- Curriculum: Specific books of the Old and New Testament as well as Christian Novels and Studies
- Leader: Curtis Hooker
- Time: 10:00 a.m.
- Location: Seekers Classroom
Martin L. Boyd Memorial Scholarship
The Martin L. Boyd Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in 1999 in honor of Martin L. Boyd, who passed away in 1998. Mr. Boyd was a member of Liberty and an entrepreneur who was successful in many business ventures. He established an educational endowment in his will to further the education of deserving students who currently attend Liberty. Currently enrolled as well as prospective college students who are active members of Liberty and have a minimum GPA of 2.0 may apply. Current scholarship recipients must reapply annually. Click Martin L. Boyd Scholarship Application 2023.pdf for qualifications and download the application. The deadline to turn in applications is March 26th.
LIBERTY CHURCH MACON
6511 Houston Road
Macon, GA 31216
P: (478) 788-5343
Contemporary Worship Service – 8:45 am
Sunday School – 10:00 am
Traditional Worship Service – 11:00 am
Youth CREW – 5:00 pm
Men’s Bible Study – 6:00 am
Women’s Bible Study – 10:00 am
Wednesday Night Supper – 5:45 pm
Bible Study – 6:30 pm
Choir Practice – 7:15 pm